Monday, May 2, 2011

Sew Cherry & Project Nursery

Sew Cherry from Riley Blake Designs is here!

In Red and Pink

Green and Yellow

and Blue and Brown
 Are they not perfect for summer?
I am thinking picnic quilt!

We also just "Picked-Up" these cute prints from Robert Kaufman Fabrics.
(I am so witty)


Sew Cute!

********

As I mentioned before......We are going to be adding another little girl to our family this summer!
I can't wait.
I have already finished the nursery and occasionally I find myself sitting in there just soaking it up.
I want to share with you a few projects I have been working on for the room,

So, without further adieu....

Project Nursery

Perhaps you remember my first nursery project that I showed you a month ago.
I didn't create a tutorial for the bumper pad, but here are few links for great tutorials that I followed:
I was terrified to create my own tutorial for it.  Maybe next time ;)

 For the quilt though, I did take some pictures along the way and here is what I did!
 1- I cut out 48 5"x5" squares out of some of favorite prints from the shop.
2-Then I cut some 5"x1.5" white strips to sew in between each square.

 3. I sewed all 8 rows, and then added a longer (however wide the quilt is) 1.5" white strip in between in each row. And a strip running down each side.
 If I knew how to quilt on my own sewing machine, that would be awesome.
But I don't, so I sent it away to the quilters!
I backed it with Amy Butler's Full Moon Polka Dot in Lime.
I just LOVE how it turned out!
I just might wrap myself up in it. (Darn, I should have made it bigger)

Over the next few weeks I will post the other projects and mini tutorials for them. 
So stay tuned for more from...
PROJECT NURSERY!

6 comments:

Gabby said...

That is so CUTE!!! Great job!

Love the Pooches and Pickup fabric!

Chris and Cindy said...

Love the Quilt Ang! I can't wait to see the room! (and the new baby!) Maybe one of these days I will get brave and attempt a quilt!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I love the look of Sew Cherry! Can you tell me about the cherries on white- is the white a bright clear white or a vanilla/off-white tone?
Thanks.

Robin said...

Love your fabrics. I just placed my 1st order this past week-end and now I have found your blog and love your post. Your nursey bummper pads are so cute. You did a great job. I wanted to sew bumper pads for my grandbabys nursey but was scared to attempt it.

Unknown said...

Great!
Thanks for Tutorial.Your fabric is also nice.Generally i am using Joann fabrics for making the decor things.

Unknown said...

Life is full of many challenges. Challenges that will make you or break you depending on how you handle it.
Visit my site for more updates. God Bless to your site.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...